VACANCY FOR A PARENT GOVERNOR
From 30 September we will have a vacancy for a Parent Governor to join the Governing Board of Chiltern Hills Academy.
Chiltern Hills Academy has always aimed for a partnership with parents which undoubtedly brings great benefits to the children. One of the most significant ways you can help in promoting this aim is to volunteer to be a parent governor. Parent governors are welcomed as valued members of the team and play a vital role in ensuring the governing board is aware of the views of parents and the local community. We feel sure that there are parents prepared to take on this important role and give their time and commitment to helping us to continue to improve the school's performance. If you are appointed you will be provided with a full range of training and support.
Being a school governor is an enjoyable and rewarding experience. The role of the Governing Board is a strategic one and absolutely key to the effectiveness of the Academy.
The main functions of the Governing Board are to:
- To help to ensure that the school has a clear vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- To monitor and evaluate the progress that the Academy is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- To oversee the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
- To hold the Principal to account for the educational performance of the school and its students;
- Be a source of support and challenge to the Principal (i.e. a critical friend).
Decisions are the joint responsibility of the Governing Board. There are three committees that meet regularly, once every term, (Finance & Audit, Learning & Teaching and Management committees) as well as four meetings of the full Governing Board a year.
Any parent or carer of a student registered at Chiltern Hills Academy is eligible to stand for election. Please see the letter and nomination form available via the link below. If you are interested in standing for election as a Parent Governor, please complete the nomination form and have it seconded by another parent at the school.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail please do not hesitate to contact Mr Patrick through his PA, Mrs Sanders. Please email Mrs Sanders at email@example.com.