Thank you for your interest in our website.
All our Admissions Policies, links to Buckinghamshire Council websites and appeals timetables may be found on the Policies Page of our web-site.
We are always happy to meet prospective parents to give you a tour of the Academy. Please contact the Executive Assistant to the Principal, Mrs Tracey Dell, at email@example.com or by phoning the Academy to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Statutory Consultation on proposed changes to Admission Arrangements
Statutory Consultation on proposed changes to the Admissions Arrangements for Chiltern Hills Academy to take effect from the beginning of the academic year 2025-26
Each year the admission authority for all schools and academies are required to review their admission arrangements. The admission authority must consult on proposed changes to the admission arrangements and conduct a consultation on the policy every 7years.
The admission authority for Chiltern Hills Academy is its Governing Body. The Governing Body has decided to consult on proposed changes to the school’s admission arrangements which would take effect from the beginning of the academic year 2025-26.
The main change proposed are :
4. ‘Children of members of staff’
This has been moved above the rule for 'Children living in the catchment area of the school'.
This means that the over-subscription criteria in the event that there are more applicants than places available would be applied in the following order:
- Looked-after children and children who were previously looked after, including those children who appear to have been in state care outside England, but ceased to be so as a result of being adopted.
- Families who have exceptional medical or social needs that make it essential that their child attends Chiltern Hills Academy rather than any other. These needs must be fully supported by written evidence from the appropriate professional person involved with the family. (See Note 3)
- Children with a normal home address in the catchment area and with a sibling on roll at the school at the time of application or whose parent has accepted an offer of a place at the school and who is expected still to be in attendance at the time of entry to the school.
- Children of members of staff
- Children with a normal home address in the catchment area
- Children with a normal home address outside the catchment area and with a sibling on roll at the school at the time of application or whose parent has accepted an offer of a place at the school and who is expected still to be in attendance at the time of entry to the school.
- Other children.
The full admissions criteria including changes to catchment are available in the document below:-
Please click on the link above to take you to each policy.
The consultation period for this policy will run from Friday 1st December 2023 for 6 weeks until Friday 26th January 2024.
The Governing Body welcomes any comments on the proposed change. Please email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or send via post to the school clearly marked ‘Admissions Policy 2025 Consultation’.