Create, Aspire and Excel to ‘Live life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10)
At Chiltern Hills Academy, we aim to equip students for higher education and the world of work after they leave us. We have a well-resourced careers program and work very closely with the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) in order to ensure that students can make informed decisions during their school career, such as GCSE and A-level subject choices.
We also support students with long-term aspirations and provide the skills necessary to achieve their goals through the following opportunities:
- Providing students with individualised careers advice through Adviza which allows students to understand themselves and further connect this understanding to the future
- Holding careers assemblies
- Working with business mentors
- Organising business enterprise days
- Visits to careers conventions
- Organising visits to local businesses
- STEM Days
- Arranging university visits for various year groups
- Year 12 students organise work experiences relevant to their higher education and career aspirations
- Helping students to write effective curriculum vitae and personal statements
- Arranging interview training and mock interviews
- Providing guidance regarding different career pathways, including information on apprenticeships
- Working with Enterprise Advisors to initiate parental involvement
- Workshops led for students to understand appropriate behaviour in the workplace
- Teaching students transition skills (employability)
Chiltern Hills Academy holds a bi-annual careers fair that all students have the opportunity to attend. Students are also provided with information about other careers fairs being held in the wider community.
Are you an employer? If so, we would love to meet you!
We are eager to work and establish relationships with employers who can tremendously influence the young pupils at the Academy with their experience and expertise. We hold many careers events each year and require support from the community or volunteers who are willing to get involved.
Some of the activities that you can support with are:
- Presenting or running assemblies
- Speaking to students individually or in small groups
- Mock Interviews
- Become assessors of subject-specific projects
- Become a stall holder at our careers fair
- CV Writing workshops
- Career Mentoring
- Build relationships with curriculum areas to show how their learning is applicable to the working world
- Inform students of your career pathway
Please click for Provider Access Policy
The Careers and Enterprise Company
The Careers and Enterprise Company are running a national campaign to encourage employers to Give an Hour...Make a Difference. Visit the following website to learn more: https://www.giveanhour.co.uk/
If you would like to find out more, or you would like to volunteer for an event then please contact:
Alison Hemsworth, Careers Lead: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01494 782066
The Lead person for Careers at Chiltern Hills Academy is T Dobbs (Vice Principal) email@example.com.
The information on this page and in the attached documents will be reviewed in April 2022.